Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone outta be."

I had a great Labor Day weekend....
Saturday, I spent a LONG time making lasagna. Due to the labor day weekend budlights I was drinking, I forgot to take a picture of the outcome because I dug right in. (By the way, it was only $16.00 for 30 racks at Hannaford all weekend long.)
I spent about 3 hours making sauce for the lasagna. I used diced tomatoes with Italian herbs in it ,2 jars of roasted garlic and onion sauce,an entire bulb of  minced garlic,red bell peppers,and an onion with some basil, oregano,and italian seasoning. I let it cook on low heat for about 3 hours and added about 1/2 cup of water at the end to make it less thick. I used about 1 LB of sweet sausage (ground), 1 LB ground beef, and about 1 LB of shredded chicken breast., along with the usual ricotta and lots and lots of fresh mozzerella.
The lasagna came out perfect as expected. Next time I'll post the recipe with pictures.
Sunday was my beautiful mothers birthday. Happy birthday mama, i love you. Her and I went to see Eat,Pray,Love with Julia Roberts. I really enjoyed the first half but I think towards the second half it got alittle boring. Julia Roberts always has been and always will be one of the most talented actress's , not to mention she is flawless for her age...The movie made me want to go to Naples, Italy sooo bad... and it also featured tons of amazing looking food.
"Eat, because it nourishes your body and mind. Don't shy away from food. If you love food, eat without guilt. Our body can be resilient to the food we eat. But we should also respect the body's needs..Pray, for the redemption of our souls. Spirituality gives you solace and peace of mind. Prayers should not read like a wish-list for Santa Claus. Instead, they should energize the soul and loosen the grip of material thoughts...
Love, as you have never loved before. Do not feel ashamed to express love and revel in the feeling of being in love. Love everything and everybody around you. See how it revitalizes your soul."


No comments:

Post a Comment