Saturday, October 2, 2010

French Bread Pizza

I haven't been able to blog lately because I've been really busy....It is now no longer summer! I love the summer time more then any other season but I say bring on the foliage, apple cider, THANKSGIVING, halloween, and crock pot dinners. Glendi has come and past. I wish that it was a week long festival so I could eat greek food religiously. The food was great this year as usual. I still think I make better greek food then pretty much anybody. I will leave you with a recipe I made a few weeks ago, its really easy to make on a night when you don't want to spend too much time getting dinner ready. I made mine with eggplant and whatever I had on hand already. Obviously you can top it with whatever you want. Next time I want a spinach, feta, mozzerella one. With minimal tomato sauce.

French Bread Pizza
INGREDIENTS
-1 loaf french bread from the bakery
-tomato sauce, I used roasted garlic and onion sauce
-1 bag shredded mozzerella cheese
-1 eggplant sliced in 1 by 1 inch pieces (i used pingtung long eggplant from the farmers market)
-4 to 6 cloves garlic minced
-1 small container ricotta cheese
-1/4 of a red onion chopped
-olive oil

DIRECTIONS
-Cut the loaf of french bread in half and then in half again lengthwise
-Coat bottom of pizza pan with olive oil (not a lot)
- Saute onions, eggplant, and garlic in olive oil until tender.
-Top each piece with eggplant, garlic, onion, and sauce.
-Spoon some riccotta cheese on top.
-Sprinkle top of each piece with mozzerella cheese
-Bake 15 minutes at 375 degrees

*I sprinkle with parmesean and oregano after its done*

Makes 4 pieces of pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment